Sunday, June 12, 2011

Seth Putnam, goodbye my friend.



I'm still in shock. I didn't want to believe the news when Tim Morse called me yesterday afternoon.  One of the best people I have ever met, is no longer with us.  Seth Putnam and I had only become close a couple years ago, but it seems like i've known him for decades.

I'll always remember the good times, driving around blaring Death (Detroit), Slaughter, Motley Crue and Motorhead screaming at the top of our lungs and destroying inanimate objects.  Pounding scorpion bowls and cracking each other up until we thought our ribs would shatter.  Whether people enjoyed your music or got your sense of humor, it didn't matter, you were a man who was 100% passionate about his music, loved life and loved his friends even more. 

I'm not going to say goodbye, just thanks.  Thanks for all the good times, knowing you has made me a better person.  I dedicate this song to you, I don't even remember how many times we listened to this disc on tour, it was so scratched it sounded like a power electronics noise record.

Till we meet again pal, save me a stool at the bar, i'm gonna buy a few rounds of kamikazes and i'll have a few stories to tell you.

Dan






join our mailing list
* indicates required